WHYWE Consulting AB - founded 2013 by Yvonne Fredriksson.
"After twenty years of experience from working with six finance and six industry ministers, I decided to use my expertise and form my own company in April 2013. My core competences are advice, analysis and navigating Swedish energy policy and energy market development. I have had responsibility both for negotiating directives in Brussels and implementing them into Swedish law giving me unmatched insight in the EU and Swedish legislation processes.
I help businesses that operate in markets with a high degree of government intervention by offering counseling about general energy policy, strategic planning and regulatory affairs. My goal is to help companies efficiently manage their interaction with politicians, government agencies and regulatory bodies.
If you are curious about the work performed in the ministries, contact me for a guest lecture and I will share my experiences and tell inside stories connected to the Swedish elections since 1988."
Yvonne Fredriksson was Director General of the Swedish Energy Market Inspectorate 2008-2013. She has also worked for several energy ministers formulating energy policy in Sweden and EU. She was economic secretary of the Energy Commission 1995-1996 and Director General for energy in the Ministry of Industry 1998-2003. Yvonne Fredriksson has worked for ten years with structural analysis in the Ministry of Finance and represented Sweden at the Economic Policy Committee, advisory to ECOFIN. She has an MBA with a focus on economic policy and international economics from Stockholm School of Economics.
Director General, Swedish Energy Markets Inspectorate
January 2008 – February 2013
The agency is responsible for regulation and surveillance of the Swedish electricity, gas and district heating markets. Other tasks include granting of network concessions for building cables for electricity and gas as well as analysing and proposing motions to develop the energy markets. The agency was established in January 2008 when I was appointed Director General. I had the exciting work of starting up and creating the inspectorate with around 100 employees.
Director Structural Policy Analysis, Ministry of Finance
August 2003 – December 2007
The department is responsible for long term analyses of the Swedish economy in all areas. The main role is to present proposals for economic policy measures in order to strengthen sustainable economic growth as well as investigate new and relevant results from the academic research society, which could be of interest for political decisions. The department is also responsible for the Swedish Long Term Survey with alternate economic scenarios, which is published every four years. During my direction the department formed the Expert Group for Public Economics and the Swedish Fiscal Policy Council.
Director General for Energy, Ministry of Industry
April 1998 – July 2003
Under my direction, the department was responsible for developing legislation and other measures in energy, minerals and forestry areas. Furthermore, other responsibilities included issues related to car industries, electricity intensive industries and recycling industries. During the 2001 Swedish EU presidency, I had the role of preparing the presidencial work in the Energy Council. During my leadership the department developed several new measures including the Electricity Certificate System for Renewable Electricity, the Program for Efficient Use of Electricity and the Green Car Program.
Economic Secretary to the Energy Commission and the Political Party Negotiation on energy
February 1995 – March 1997
The Parliamentary Commission had the role to propose a new Energy Policy Program including liberalization of the Electricity Market. When the Commission presented its proposals, the negotiation process started in the Ministry of Industry. The minister was chairing the negotiations between the political Parties in the Parliament. I was one of three persons working in a Secretariat assisting the minister.
- Member of an Advisory Council in the Centre for Environmental and Resource Economics (CERE), 2012-present
- Member of the Administrative Court of Appeal, 2011-present
- Member of an Advisory Council in the Swedish Radiation Safety Authority, 2008-2013
- Swedish delegate in ACER, the Agency for the Cooperation of Energy Regulators, 2011-2013
- Chair for ICER Working Group on Technological Change, 2011-2013
- Co-chair for CEER International Strategy Group, 2011-2013
- Swedish delegate in CEER, Council of European Energy Regulators, 2008-2013
- Swedish board member of the Nordic Energy Regulator, NordREG, 2008-2013
- Member of the Swedish Market Court, 2008-2012
- Member of the Board for Swedish Association for Energy Economics, 2005-2012
- Member of the Board for the Swedish Institute for European Policy Studies, 2005-2007
- Swedish delegate in Economic Policy Committee advising EU Ecofin Council, 2003-2007
- Swedish delegate in OECD Economic Policy Working Party Nr 1, 2003-2007
- Chair for EU High Level Group for Director Generals in Energy, 2001
- Swedish delegate in the EU High Level Group for Director Generals in Energy, 1998-2003
- Swedish delegate in International Energy Agency, 1998-2003